Sunday, March 2, 2008

“I Am What I Am”

Information Technology High School
Ms. Hyde
English E6
3/2/08
Lourdes Vicuna

"I Am What I Am"
By: Lourdes Vicuna and someone else

I Am What I Am

I am an immigrant of the Americas.

A child of the Lands

Coming only from one place.

Speaking Two Languages, Dos Culturas.

Living in a new world.


I am what I live

Accommodating to a new life.

With no true defined background,

But I know where my roots start.

I am one whole that is split into two pieces

And I am one of the two pieces.

Confused with life and at times speaking Spanglish

Understanding mi hija and communicating with mi hija in only one language.




At times I feel as an outsider

But there is nothing to be ashamed of.

But I am what I am,

Standing strong no matter what the people think.

Spanish or American…

It doesn’t matter what people think,

But who I really am!

A Latin American child, born into America,

Finding who she really is.


I am what I am and I am proud of it.

I have made what I see.

We are who we are and that is what makes US!

No comments: